Tuesday 22 March 2011

Baby's first reading corner

I have been fortunate enough to be able to join the first e-course playful spaces by Playful learning and I have to say, I am really glad that I did. It has been 6 weeks of inspirations, ideas, new concepts: in a word, pure delight.

J'ai eu la chance de pouvoir participer au cours en ligne "PLayful learning spaces" et je dois avouer que j'en suis vraiment contente! Ce fut 6 semaines d'inspirations, d'idées, de nouveau concepts à explorer, en une mot, JOIE.

I have so many project queued in my head, I just had to sit to write them down. If you have a chance to follow this e-class, indulge yourself and do it, you won't regret it one bit.

J'ai tellement de nouveau projets dans ma tête que j'ai du prendre le temps d'en faire une liste. Si vous avez une chance de suivre ce cours, sautez a pied joins sur l'opportunité.

One of our assignement during those 6 weeks was to create a reading nook in our home. I had a lot of fun organizing Pumpkin's first book corner
Un de nos devoir était de créer un endroit propice à la lecture. J'en ai donc profité pour créer le premier coin de lecture de mon petit dernier

We both love it. He tries to pull himself up unto the chair (and he is getting better!) and sits on the chair and looks at books. I can see his attention span widen as far as book reading since this space has been created. He is not trying to play with the pages so much, but really turning them and listening. It is fun to enjoy this with him, and a delight to watch!

Nous adorons tous les deux. Il travaille vraiment très fort à se tirer sur la chaise, et une fois monté, je lui présente un livre qu'il regarde de tous les cotés. J'ai remarqué que son attention envers les livres et la lecture s'est grandement amélioré depuis que nous avons quotidiennement ajouté la lecture à notre horaire. Il semble avoir du plaisir à écouter l'histoire et regarder les images. C'est vraiment des moments que j'adore


This new book corner led to a new play area:
J'ai donc du réaménager le coin travail:


Cubbies made by daddy, favorites toys in a basket , a Micheal Olaf frame, and a start of a exploration table. (I'll add more as mother nature removes her whitecoat off the land. :) )
Une petite bibliothèque fait par son papa, ses jouets préférés dans un panier, un cadre de Micheal Olaf, et le début d'une table d'exploration (qui grossira si Mère nature fini par nous enlever son grand et épais manteau blanc de sur le gazon...)

Next, I am tackling my oldest's writing center, and my big project, our atelier.
Prochain projet, le centre d'écriture de mon fils, et notre atelier.


7 comments:

  1. lovely. thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring, thanks for sharing!
    Bess

    http://www.besserina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know I've linked to this post in my new series on Montessori for the First Year. http://montessorihomes.blogspot.com/2011/08/5-thingsthe-fifth-month.html
    Meg :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot
    I feel very honored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering where the chair and bookcase are from. I am really enjoying your lovely blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering where you purchased the chair and bookcase from. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete